Business Process Excellence
World is shifting at a great paradigm. Daily hundreds of businesses are waying into the market while similar numbers are meeting their end. Why is that so? The answer lies in a cycle, which is serving as a benchmark for the competitive age of business coming ahead.
“The company, which will produce a product or service with best quality in minimum time at the expenditure of minimum bucks, will eventually become a world leader”
To get started with services orientation, you would have to be fair in answering the following major norms,
- Is your industry is facing low sales dilemma?
- Are you having backlashes in your existing systems?
- Are you currently monitoring the processes capability metrics?
- Is your system a victim of customer complains?
- Do you have what it takes to counter your competitors?
- Are you constantly benchmarking your equity with market players?
- Are you practicing the data establishing & evaluation metrics?
- Do you want to fuel you company with growing culture?
- Are you fully aware of ongoing improvement trends & techniques?
- Most importantly, have you encountered a situation where your competitors are productizing good quality products or services at lower prices than you?
If answer to any of the stated potions is yes, than you have come to a home of industrial problems solvers.
- Lean Philosophy execution
- Data Mining & Analysis
- Method time Measurement
- Workforce Management
- Six Sigma
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Business Benchmarking
Lean Philosophy execution
Lean as a management philosophy based on the “Toyota Production System” is prevailing over the all conventional hectic procedures & methods, which in turn impart no value in the final product. Toyota became the market leader by deploying this philosophy in a real time scenario within their systems.
The idea which is acting as driving force in the exploration of this technique is to focus only on core activities which are adding value in the final product, for the end customer. All the processes, systems, parameters & product will be designed and verified by taking into an account end-customer needs. Any other activity which is not enriching a product or service in a valuable manner must be abandoned as quickly as possible.
Lean is like a religion driven by human mindset and strategic tactics. Production and service activities are analyzed in the light of value addition contents. According to the Lean approach, the performance of all other activities and processes in the company, which do not add value for the end customer, generate costs and are considered unnecessary loses. The Lean transformation approach aims to eliminate or significantly reduce those loses. In more simple words, Lean Transformation leads to more value with as little resources as possible.
A Lean company is aware of what is valuable for the customer and focuses its key processes in this direction. The ultimate goal is to deliver perfect value for the customer through a process with zero waste.
When eliminating waste from the value adding stream, the management should not eliminate elements of it but set up processes, which require less human involvement, less space, less capital and less time for products and services’ creation, which cost much less and have less defects as compared to the traditional business systems. The companies can then respond to the ever changing client requirements with a variety of solutions, high quality, and low cost and very short production time. In addition, the information management becomes easy and precise.
The typical example of carrying out a Lean project is cited by St Andrews University cited as,
Data Mining & Analysis
Once a worthy statistician said “Data Mining is all about extracting previously unknown, comprehensible, and actionable information from large databases and using it to make crucial business decisions”
Before getting started with the clause, some pre-requisites must be cross-checked.
- Bilal Consultancy facilitates the organization in effective implementing the methodological improvement techniques by setting the processes and success measures against which the ongoing flow will be evaluated keeping into an account company’s strategic decisions.
- A system of data encryption & analysis will be established which is a business performance improvement framework that is used to help organizations link their business imperatives to departmental deliverables and also enable organization’s day to day decision
- The methodology will further encompass the departmental goals and objectives. Such incremental initiatives will be finally followed by the MIS domain and the culture of continual data mining and analysis will be established which will serve as a major benchmark in evaluating the metrics
- Embarking on the continual data analysis journey can be covered in 3 phases i.e.: Training of LSS, Vacuum identification & control action.
Method Time Measurement
MTM is a predetermined motion time system ,used in analyzing the process or operation by interpreting it in terms of monetary unit, of how it is affecting the productivity. By setting a standard time to complete a general task, companies can have leverage of playing within the profits proned premises. Unlike conventional practices, MTM may or may not suppress the use of stopwatch depending upon the sophistication of processes. In addition to it, MTM can come into play along the apples of improvement i.e.: LEAN & SIX SIGMA, which will in turn ensure process improvement & OEE better utilization
Lean management & MTM are made for each other in terms of productivity. When lean strives to reduce wastes, resources companion than parallel to it MTM striders for making standardized process by using suitable tools & methods. “ First time right” is the principle which can serve as a bottom-line in the execution of intended contents by diminishing the common difference between lean & MTM in which lean focuses on waste elimination while MTM on local optimization of activities.
Technical stuff regarding the subject can be enormously found on web services. But let us give you a glance of what benefits industry can reap by adopting the notion. MTM is not just a tool but a set of norms & cultural beliefs which has helped many top tier in the industrial world to see the real potential within their processes by mitigating the abundant cycle times associated activities from system. It not only relies on what is being done but reflects the system by depicting what can be done. By simplifying the processes & creating an ease for a worker jump in industrial profits is a sure thing. Industries are looking for a new systematic procedures adopting which they can minimize their expenses, following the surge in revenue. It can only be possible by complying with thee changing trend & techniques, being introduced in the industrial world.
Workforce management commonly refers to as HRMS is an umbrella process by which the systematic utilization of manpower in ensured. Aspects of a comprehensive WFM includes the following:
- Time and attendance tracking module establishment
- Employee scheduling & assigning module
- Demand prediction & manpower allocation module
- Payroll administration & Benefits administration
- Talent management & retention
- Training programs and assignments
- Performance monitoring & evaluation
- Vacation and leave planning
- Career planning (Job rotation VS Job enrichment)
- Crisis preparedness & Risk analysis
Thus, WFM is an integrated set of processes that an organization uses to optimize the productivity of its employees on the individual, departmental, and entity-wide levels. In a corporation, organization, or government entity, WFM involves matching employee skills to specific tasks over time, quantifying the amount and types of labor needed to accomplish particular jobs on a day-to-day or hour-to-hour basis and setting a metric against which the progress will be monitored.
Over or under staffing at any level, even for short periods, should be avoided because such conditions can cut into an organization’s profitability, by reducing its overall productivity, frustrating its employees, and antagonizing its clients and customers.
Bilal consultancy is proud to help you in this aspect as well, as it ca have a massive impact in any industry’s bottom-line results and efficiency.
Six Sigma is a well-structured, data-driven methodology aiming towards the elimination of variations, imparted due to product, processes or systems in all kinds of manufacturing, service delivery, management, and other business activities. Six Sigma methodology is based on the combination of well-established philosophy, set of tools, methodologies & metrics, enabling the organization to see the hidden defects factory.
Six sigma, as a philosophy, is a true measure or control of equation Y=f(x). It generally depicts that by controlling x inputs which are transformed into Y output through function f, we can achieve excellence. Also, it is equipped with the high standards statistical control tools which are very helpful in the data analysis to see the cumbersome event in a crystal clear view. As far as methodologies are concerned, it deals with DMAIC & DMADV techniques, each with its own perks. Lastly, it is a measure of metrics which are set for any process or system. Six sigma is perceived a myth by many traditional or conventional practitioners of quality system due to its 3.4 defects per million methodology. Though, it only makes the processes play in a safe premises where defect & variation would be minimum
Due to its highly efficient impact these methods have recently become very popular in USA, Germany etc. Even in 2007, General Electric published the report listing the savings of almost 1.6 billion due to six sigma
We passionately help you in building blocks for an achieving efficiency parameters. Though, depending upon the scenario and future impact, organization can have any of the following two option,
- To engage your own internal pooled staff for carrying out the projects
- Engage our personnel to identify potential areas of process optimizations and establish the required benefits.
Blue Ocean Strategy
Blue oceans have been around for some time and has gained an importance of one of mist debated subject. Basically BOS is all about creativity. It endorses the concept of continuous exploration of potential left within our products and services. Blue ocean refers to the creating a systematic new world of industrial harmony instead of red ocean which is full of congested replica competitors.
The BOS must be embraced at the upper level of management to get fully authorized for execution of content. Basic model listing the general phenomenon is given below,
Benchmarking is all about evaluation of oneself by comparing it with the best & very best in market. For the companies striving to improve their systems and processes, benchmarking can befall the following advantages:
- A business benchmarking exercise can spur an organization to more clearly recognize and better understand its current processes and procedures, making explicit what may have previously been implicit and calling attention to points of confusion or ambiguity.
- Tangible and specific business decision can be made by practicing this technique within industry
- Operational efficiency and utilization comparison with the peer and competitors sheds a light ion the weak tides of company, helping in enhancing the systems and procedures by initiating business and engineering initiatives.
- Solid and compelling business charter will help you in better understanding of “Need of change”.
- Benchmarking will create a culture of continuous improvement by instilling a desire to change within concerned personnel.