Big Data: Hike in Industrial Manufacturing
In the last two decades, many manufacturers around the world have enjoyed a surge in the profit bottom-line through the implementation of Lean Six Sigma initiatives within their systems. Although, many get benefitted with the optimization approach, but still some vacuum tend to be left in certain sectors like pharmaceuticals, mining etc. As per the intense search and globally futuristic disruptions, Advanced Analytics can save the day.
Basically, A.A. is just a front face of massive mogul Big Data. By embracing this disruptive approach, industrial manufacturing sector can meet with a new promising dawn. According to a survey carried out by Warwick Analytics on behalf of The Alan Turing Institute (AT),
The benefits of big data are now widely accepted by companies across the manufacturing landscape, and the insights gained from big data analytics are believed to offer a competitive advantage. However, high value manufacturers who dont have a long-term vision will be at a significant disadvantage to their competition.
Let us deep-dive into how industries can entertain a data leading to BIG one in a proficient manner and what are the typical benefits befallen by the Subject.
a) Initially identify the patterns of data, within an organization through the application of moving averages, histogram, boxplot, standard deviation from the designated standards etc. Make a best descriptive data summarization analysis of generated entity.
b) Afterwards, start looking for a core determinants of process performance and form a root because regarding yield, quality etc.
c) Dive into a hypothesis testing phenomenon to validate the Vs battle between variables. Start deploying the regression expertise along the advanced analytical tolls to find out the Vital few inputs, spanning over an 80% product functionality.
d) Lastly use artificial neural networks to quantify the impact optimal ranges for identified parameters.
PERKS Of BIG DATA
Following an essence of data-oriented cultures, below are some perks of BIG DATA;
1) Quality environment will encompass everything in such a way that technical staff will be entertained with accepting No Fault Found issues.
2) From capturing machine-level information to analyzing the output to the end customer, every single piece of information will be scrutinized in the light of designated yield.
3) Improving warranty & customer services by collating field product performance, service and customer data into usable information
4) Increasing production throughput by incorporating TRIZ concepts in conjugation with Industry 4.0
5) Speeding up time to launch, not only in terms of existing products or services but futuristic too.
6) Anticipation of the needs for machinery maintenance (Predictive/Preventive) will be done through the summation of data collaboration and extracted statistics.
7) SCM, CRM, ERP will wake up to a new promising dawn of managing the things i.e.: from vendor to warehouse at a higher pace than ever.
8) German industrial players are making big use of the filed in their daily production, right away.
9) Cited from Forbes Magazine, these findings are from a recent survey LNS Research and MESA International completed to see where big data is delivering the greatest manufacturing performance improvements today.
The big data era has only just emerged, with a string roots in mathematically modelling and analysis aspect. It can be a viable tool for instilling improvements in yield, particularly in any manufacturing or service environment in which process complexity, process variability, and capacity restraints are increasing day by day.
Companies with strong competitive analysis will make a difference, in near future